Woot! The stats are in, and all the media outlets are reporting Biden’s “win” in last night’s vice presidential debate – in many cases by a margin of more than 20 points! Here are some of the deets (note: poll based on questions asked 611 adult Americans after the debate):
- 26% said that Palin came across as more intelligent, while 56% thought Biden was smarter. DUH.
- 51% thought that Biden did the best overall in the debate, while 36% gave that honor to Palin.
- 87% of those polled said they thought Joe Biden was qualified to be president, should the case arise. Only 46% thought that Palin could do the job!
- 84% said that Palin did better than they expected her to. Well, that makes sense, given that Republicans have been relying on a tactic for the past 8 years of building super-low expectations so that mediocre performances “suprise” viewers with their “excellence”. Anyone for some W.?
- 43% of viewers thought that Biden spent more time attacking his opponent, while 36% thought it was Palin who challenged Biden more. What happened to being a lipstick-wearing bulldog there, Sarah? Guess next time you’ll have to think on your feet a bit more instead of regurgitating what your speechwriters have force fed you. Shame.
- 53% of debate watchers reported that Joe Biden seemed more likely to bring actual change to the White House. Only 42% of people thought Palin had a chance of doing the same.
I wish there were more vice presidential debates! Palin is SUCH an easy target for Biden, it’s almost shameful…but delicious!